Bitcoin mining in 2023 remains profitable with 18 ASIC devices, as electricity costs and current exchange rates favor mining operations. The landscape is dominated by three major manufacturers: Bitmain, Microbt, and Canaan.
- 18 profitable ASIC bitcoin mining devices are currently operating with electricity costs at $0.12 per kWh and today’s bitcoin exchange rates.
- The Bitcoin network reached a peak hashrate of 491.15 EH/s on May 2, 2023, while the price of bitcoin has been hovering around $27K.
- Bitmain, Microbt, and Canaan are the three prominent ASIC manufacturers exclusively focused on designing mining rigs for bitcoin extraction.
- The top six most profitable bitcoin mining rigs are the Bitmain Antminer S19 XP Hydro, Antminer S19 XP, Microbt’s Whatsminer M56S, Antminer S19k Pro, Antminer S19 Pro+ Hydro, and Canaan’s Avalon A1366.
- Lower terahash output machines become financially viable if electricity rates drop below $0.12 per kWh.
- Some countries have electricity rates ranging from $0.01 to $0.05 per kWh, making mining more cost-effective.
This article originally appeared in Bitcoin.com. Continue reading...